NATURAL WAYS TO LIGHTEN LIPS
Toothbrush exfoliation: This is a tremendously simple way to exfoliate your lips. All you need is to apply some petroleum jelly or olive oil on your lips and use a soft tooth brush to gently exfoliate them. Run the brush over your lips in gentle circular motions for about three to four minutes. Then wash your lips with some warm water and apply some desi ghee on them to keep them moisturised.
Sugar and lemon exfoliation: This is another method to exfoliate your lips. Take a teaspoon of sugar, add a few drops of olive oil and lemon to the mix. Now take this paste and apply it on your lips. Gently massage your lips with this paste using soft circular motions to exfoliate them. Once all the sugar has dissolved or fallen off, wash away the excess with normal water.
1. Lemon and honey pack: This is a great bleaching and moisturising pack. The lemon helps to change the colour of your lips and the honey nourishes the lips, making them soft and supple. To make this pack, take equal quantities of the juice of a lemon and honey. Mix it well and apply this on your lips. Allow it to stay for about twenty to thirty minutes and wash it off with normal water.
2. Glycerine and lemon pack: Again, a great natural bleaching and moisturising pack, this pack is best used just before you go to bed. Mix equal quantities of glycerine and lemon and apply this to your lips and allow it to stay overnight. Wash it off the next morning with normal water.
3. Almond oil and honey pack: This pack uses the goodness of almonds and honey to change the colour of your lips. Mix some almond oil with honey in equal quantities and apply it to your lips. Now allow this mixture to stay for about thirty minutes and wash it off with plain water. Apply this pack three to four times a day for best results.
4. Rose petals and milk pack: Roses have amazing effect on the lips. Not only does it lend them a pinkish hue, but it also nourishes the skin. This pack is especially good to exfoliate your lips and make them look fuller. To make this pack, crush some fresh rose petals and add milk cream (malai) and honey to the paste. Now mix it well and apply the paste to your lips. Allow it to stay for fifteen to twenty minutes and then wash it off first with milk and then with water.
5. Beetroot pack: Beetroots have been used for centuries by women to make their lips look healthy, pink and plumper. But apart from the colour that beetroot lends to the lips it also adds to the overall health of the skin. Grate a little fresh beetroot and add some lemon and milk cream (malai) to the mix. Apply this paste on your lips and wash off after fifteen to twenty minutes.
6. Turmeric and lemon pack: This pack employs the healing properties of turmeric and the bleaching effect of lemon to make it a great pack for lighter lips. Take a teaspoonful of turmeric and add the juice of half a lemon to it. Now mix well and apply this paste on your lips. Leave it on for about ten minutes and then wash off with water.
7. Pomegranate and malai pack: The coarseness of pomegranate seeds and the colour it imparts is a very effective tool to change the colour of your lips from an unattractive blackish blue to healthy pink. To make this pack, grind a few pomegranate seeds into a coarse paste. Now, add some milk cream or malai to the paste and apply it on your lips. Allow it to stay for a few minutes and wash it off with normal water.
For all these home remedies to work, it is essential that you moisturize your lips well after you wash off the pack. Remember that these are home remedies; they will give results only after prolonged use. So, just follow any one of the tips and watch your lips go back to their original colour.